Sign In
This website is aimed at providing information to schools, teachers, support staff and governors. If you require more general information please visit:



Information for childminders

To become a childminder you will need to register with Ofsted or a Childminder Agency. Information on these pages is for Ofsted registered childminders who intend to deliver home-based childcare services in Swindon. 


Swindon Borough Council Early Years Team will provide;

• Information to applicants and registered providers

• Ongoing support and advice

• Access to training

• Advice about pre-registration  training and first aid training for childminder applicants

• Information to parents about childcare services


For further advice please email Ceri McAteer or Helen David